Whenever the holidays are coming up, do you know which product has a surge in demand? If you guess the air fryer, then you guessed correctly! One of the best in the market right now is the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer, but before we even go into the details of reviewing this particular product, let us first understand why the air fryer, in general, is a much-sought product especially during the December to January time frame. The air fryer actually became more popular during this time as people were locked down at home and had ample time to try out various recipes.
What is an Air Fryer and What does it do?
If you have ever owned an oven, you can easily deduce that an air fryer is very much similar to an oven. Do not be misled though as there is a difference between air frying and baking. An air fryer is a patented product that really simulates that deep-fried experience, with none of the oil. Think of enjoying a bowl of fries, but none of the guilt that comes with all that extra oil.
How does it work?
The top of an air fryer has a heating mechanism, much like a turbo broiler. It also has a fan. You can place the food in a fryer-style basket, with or without a metal pan and when you turn the air fryer on, heat would gush down and around the food. Note that it only has a heating element on one side and so one common step in most recipes you will find online is to turn the food you are air frying over after a certain number of minutes. This allows for even cooking.
What are the General Steps When Cooking in An Air Fryer?
The steps below apply to the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer and pretty much any air fryer.
- Prepare the food you want to cook. Generally, there should be no excess water as it would unnecessarily drain into the bottom of the pan. It can be difficult to clean the bottom portion of the air fryer.
- Place your food in the basket. You can put any size so long as it can fit. Air fryers come in a variety of sizes, measured in liters, so make sure that you select the one for your cooking needs.
- Set the time and temperature. For many, this is done like how you would in an oven, with touch screen functionalities. Other models need to be set manually. If you are not sure, you can always consult the manual. Cooking time usually ranges from 5 to 25 minutes, at 350° to 400°F. Air fryers range in wattages from 800 to 2175, so cooking time would depend on how powerful your specific model is.
- Let the food cook. As mentioned earlier, you may need to flip or turn the food so that all sides would be cooked evenly. Once done with cooking, clean the air fryer. Make sure that you let it cool first and that it has been unplugged from the wall outlet before making contact with water. It is better to be cautious.
BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer Product Review
Now that you have a better understanding of how air fryers work, let us take a look at the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer. Many new-to-cooking people and even experts, like chefs, expressed their love for the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer mainly because it is very easy to use.
Product Specifications for the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer
Power: 1800 Watts
Voltage: 220V – 240V / 50 – 60Hz
Capacity: 6 Liters
Center Temperature of Oil Pot: 195℃ ± 5℃
Plug: EU – country-specific adapter would be provided
|Dimension||Product Weight: 7.18 kg
Product Size: 30.50 x 29.50 x 35.00 cm
|What’s in the Box?||1 x BlitzWolf®BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer|
Main features of the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer
|☑||Cooks food in advance, so you can just eat when you get home. This is very convenient.|
|☑||Cooks dinner for one family. The BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer holds up to 6 pounds of chicken. You can cook oil-free crispy fried chicken, steak, fish, potato wedges and even just fish in the air fryer.|
|☑||Precise temperature control ensures evenly distributes heat. What did we say earlier about other models? Flipping might be needed, but for the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer, it is not required. It also locks in the food’s water content and forms a crispy layer on the surface.|
|☑||Automatic timer (0-60min), so there is no worry about burnt food or overcooked meat.|
|☑||Adjustable temperature (40°C – 200°C), or 104°F to 392°F|
|☑||HD screen display, so the menu can easily be utilized|
|☑||Voice prompt when cooking is completed. It is not just visual confirmation, but auditory as well. You will not miss it!|
|☑||Removable basket that is easy to clean. It also prevents oil dripping when taking out the food.|
|☑||Power-off protection, which means you can pull out the basket to check the food at any time without getting shocked. Still, it is best to unplug when no longer in need of cooking.|
- We liked that it has high power at 1,800 watts, which translates to shorter cooking time. If you are already hungry, there really is no time that needs to be wasted right?
- We also approve of shipping it with country-specific adapters so that you do not have to buy one anymore.
- There is no flipping needed, so a big plus!
What We Did Not Like
- It is one of the biggest air fryers you can find out there so it works both ways, it can be very bulky, but still too small for Thanksgiving turkey!
- At 1,800 watts, it might consume more electricity than the average oven, so do not be shocked when you see the bill after using the BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer for days in a row!
At Techzalo, we want to make sure that you have the best experience possible. There are now a number of technological advancements in every home that is making life easier for us. In a world where time is valuable, it is our goal to keep you informed and take the burden away from you and so we come up with these reviews so you do not have to do trial and error. This way, you can just focus on what you do best, cooking, with BlitzWolf BW-AF1 Smart Air Fryer as your reliable partner.